Busting out some stash
2018 began with a post announcing my goal to reduce my yarn stash. 3 months have passed and I’ve made some progress. A good bit of progress. I gave away a full box of felted sweaters to someone on Ravelry. I sold 16 hanks on eBay. I gave away 2 skeins in my pot-holder swap group and donated almost 2 full boxes of yarn and misc. craft supplies to a local thrift store. In addition, I completed 3 potholders, 2 scarves, 3 hats, 5 dryer balls and 1 votive cover. My only yarn purchases were 2 teeny tiny skeins of cotton yarn as I needed them for one of the hats. So, with all that, you would think I would only have about 8 boxes of yarn remaining, right? Nope. I have 10 boxes and at least 1 box worth of loose yarn that is not boxed up. UGH. Apparently I significantly underestimated the amount of yarn I had scattered about the house and in project bags and such. So, I DID clear out about 4 boxes worth, I just refilled those empty boxes with yarn that wasn’t boxed up. Oh well. It is still progress and I’m happy to be reducing my stash. I addition to the completed projects shown below, I have a few WIPS. Hopefully they will be completed by June 1 and I can share photos in my next update.
Click on the photos for more information about each project. Patterns used are linked below.
- Potholders, Fanciful Flower Pot Holder and African Flower Mandala Pot Holder
- Both scarves, UNsquared Granny Super Scarf
- All three hats are variations of Bentley, Unisex Slouch
- Eco-craft, Dryer Balls
- Zinnia Votive Cover
Happy Crocheting all!!