Tomte Gnome Pillow
Adorable crocheted gnome pillow adds the perfect touch of whimsy to your holiday decorating. Crochet your very own Tomte and he will protect your home. Just be sure to keep him happy with porridge and butter and no swearing! Read more about Tomte here. Happy Crocheting!
• Replace the braids with a pom-pom.
• Adjust the size of the pillow by using thicker or thinner yarn. Use a hook that will yield a tight stitch so the stuffing does not show through.
• Make Tomte’s hat one color and decorate it with buttons or add a brim of small pom-poms.
• Use up some scraps and make your stripes all different colors.
• Make his hat straight or with a bend.
• Go BIG! Work the pillow double-stranded with a hook suitable for your yarn.
Finished size, approximately 9” by 19”.
$3.99 **Please note, you are buying a crochet PATTERN, not the actual item.** On Etsy too!
Click here to redirect to Ravelry’s pattern page and see more projects completed with this pattern. Also, where all Crochet by Darleen Hopkins Patterns and Pattern Collections (eBooks) are Buy 2, Get a 3rd for Free. No coupon needed. Ravelry will automatically deduct the least expensive pattern from your total.
OR for instant download after your payment by Paypal. (Buy Now powered by Ravelry)
Vanna’s Choice 100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g 170 yd/156 m, medium-4,heavy worsted/aran weight yarn.
CA-White #100, 40 g/68 yd
CB-Olive #174, 120 g/204 yd (two skeins)
CC-Brick #133, 20 g/34 yd
CD-Beige #123 5g/9 yd
Please note, yarn amounts are approximate. Allow for at least a 10% variance when purchasing yarn.
Hook: H (5.0 mm) or size needed to obtain correct gauge.
Other: Stitch markers, yarn needle, poly-fiberfill
Pattern is written using standard US stitches.
SKILL LEVEL: Easy/Intermediate
Exact gauge is not essential. If your gauge is close to stated gauge, your finished pillows will be close to the reported measurements. 8 rows, 14 sts in dc = 4¼”.
Please note, this pattern is copyrighted and may not be reproduced or redistributed. Completed pillows may be sold but please credit Darleen Hopkins as the designer. If selling online, a link to my website is appreciated. crochetbydarleenhopkins.com/
Other crochet patterns you may like: