Shark Week 2014, Day 4 and 5

Shark Week Hat Update!

P1040860 (1000x676) I made a lot of progress on the hat Wednesday (day 4) as you can see by the photo!  I really like the two colors together.  I was a little concerned about the different yarns as one is worsted/aran and the other is bulky or maybe even chunky weight.  I worked the bright blue, the thinner yarn, in hdc and the aqua, the thicker yarn, in sc and used the same hook for both yarns.  Therefore, the sc stitches are stitched pretty tight.  Last night (day 5), I finished up the body of the hat and started on the fins.  Unfortunately, it looks as if there won’t be enough yarn for all the fins so I will have to frog a couple of rows.  I’ll just make the gums and teeth section larger to make up for any lost length.  There’s nothing wrong with a lot of big shark teeth!