Stash Bust Challenge Update: Aug. 2013

WHOooo’s Stash Busting?

P1020887 (750x543)I fell a little behind in my stash busting for June and July.  Although I made a lot of  hats for Halos of Hope, I didn’t use the Bernat CottonTots in my Stash Bust Challenge.  I plan to make up for it this month.  I have a current design I’m working on and a magazine deadline (yeah!) to meet, but I hope to squeeze in a couple more hats this month.  I did spend this weekend working on two cuties.  The design is from Sarah Zimmerman and you can get the pattern here: Crochet Owl Hat.  I made some modifications to the hat design to make it work with my smaller scrap pieces (you can see my notes here).  Overall, I’m real pleased.  It’s a fun, quick hat to make.  Together, they weigh in at 4 1/2 ounces.

Total Stash Bust Yarn Used to Date: Just over 3 pounds!  Officially 1/2 way done!

Total Stash Bust Hats Made to Date: 15